Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our Broken Sink




While all of the family was here for Buddy's baptism I dropped a 5 lb. bag of frozen chicken into my sink. When I came back to run some cool water on it I realized that the chicken had fallen through the sink leaving a huge hole in it's place. I was so sick when I saw it. Our countertops and sink are all one piece and so I knew that it was going to be a very expensive fix. We are good friends with one of the builders sells people and so I called him up and he and his head construction guy came over to take a look at it. They gave me the name and number to the company that installed it and of course I was told there was nothing they could do to help us. I was so happy about that. NOT!!! I ended up calling the company that made the product and after six weeks of fighting with them they agreed that it was not normal and that it should not have happened and agreed to pay to have it fixed. Thank heavens. After they installed the new sink Wes and Blake had to reinstall all the plumbing. I am so thankful that I am married to a handyman because I wouldn't have had a clue as to how to fix it.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Did you just live with it for six weeks with a hole in it? What a pain but it is good to have a handyman around at times like that.

April said...

Yes, I tried to put a bowl in it's place but that didn't work very well. Wes didn't understand why it was such a pain not to have a working sink. Of course, he wasn't doing the dishes several times a day either. Luckly, his persistance won and we got the sink replaced for free rather than spending a ton of money replacing it ourselves, which is what I was pushing for just so that I would have a sink.

Briana said...

Oh my gosh. That's hilarious! I can totally imagine you coming back to check on the chicken only to find it missing! I'm cracking up just thinking of it! Sorry about the trouble, but thanks for the laugh.

April said...

It wasn't funny Briana. I cried when I found it broken through. I just thought of how much it was going to cost to have it replaced. It was terrible. I'm sure looking back it will be funny though. I am already cracking a slight smile. haha