Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rain in Katy, TX





We had a massive rainfall here in Katy. There was more rain than I have ever seen in the five years we have lived here. I was at the grocery store and recieved several calls from people who knew that I was out warning me to be careful on the way home. I didn't think too much of it because the roads were pretty clear when I went to the store even though it was raining. Luckly, Wes took photos so that we could remember it. We have a great drainage system here and so the water didn't stay standing for long but while it lasted it was bad. On my way home there were stalled cars all over the roads. I was in Wes' truck and so I didn't have any problem getting through. There was so much standing water that it was over the curbs and into the grassy areas. It was crazy. I have honestly never seen anything like it before.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh man!! That would be so exciting!! It rains here, but never that intense! I'm so jealous!! Hope you enjoyed it!

Christy said...

How fun! I love rain, I think. I've seen it a few times. . .

Peyton WIlcock said...

I can't believe how much you guys get. That is insane!!!! I thought it was funny when you said they closed school due to the rain but now I understand.