Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day/Garrett's broken leg






Mother's Day was a very eventful day in our house. Wes and the kids bought me a prenatal massage at the day spa. I was so excited! That sounds so relaxing to me. I also got some beautiful flowers and kitchen accessories. Wes and the kids even put together a mother's day presentation for Zoie and I. It was so cute. They all sang us mother's day songs and told us what they loved about us being their mom. I have such a great family.

That afternoon when I laid down to take a nap I heard Garrett start screaming outside on the trampoline. Wes brought him upstairs to me and he was holding his leg and screaming at the top of his lungs. I figured he probably sprained his ankle or something so I called his orthopedic surgeon and he told me to ice it and keep it up and bring him in the next morning. Wes stayed up all night with him as he moaned and cried. I slept great upstairs in my bed. Wes is such a great dad to stay up with him all night. The next morning I took him in to see the Dr. Devino and it turns out that he broke his leg, about 3 inches above his ankle, in two places. Poor kid! It took him two weeks before he would walk on it but he is up and going strong now. I thought those two weeks were going to kill my back since we had to carry him everywhere. All in all he has been a great sport about it all. We go in on June 8th to see if he can take his cast off or if he needs to have it on for another 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, his leg will be okay and he can take his cast off but if not we will survive.

No comments: