Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Highlights







This year we went over to the Christensen's home for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun. The kids played all day. In fact, they were so busy playing that they didn't even really eat. We had tons of yummy food and lots of relaxing. That's my kind of Thanksgiving! Wes' mom came to visit us for the big day and we loved having her here. We don't have family visits very often and so we eat it up when we get it. Nonna (that's what the kids call her) spent several hours reading with Josie. Josie loves spending one on one time with anyone do anything. We weren't very much fun while Nonna was here but we enjoyed just hanging out and relaxing with her.
The day after Thanksgiving Karen and I did our annual shopping spree. Usually I get a huge high off of it but this year it didn't do much for me. I don't know if it's a sign that I'm getting older or that I'm just more easily annoyed by dumb people. I was able to find everything I needed for Christmas but I just didn't have the adrenaline rush that I thrive on this time of year. Oh well, I guess that next year will be the real test. If I don't get the high that I love, I will know that I am officially getting old, which I am not really excited about admitting so I am really looking forward to the high. :) It was a great weekend full of fun with lots of friends and family.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving day feast. How fun to have Nonna come visit. I love that she reads to the kidss too. They eat it up. Wish we could come visit. Maybe next summer you all could come up!