Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby #6 is on the way!!!!

Well, as most of you know, we were sure that we were done having children. We were and are very content with five children. However, the Lord had other plans and so we are expecting baby number six. I found out on January 2nd and was immediately very overwhelmed. I cried for a lot of that night and the next day. Luckily, I have an amazing husband a great cousin, Jamie, and a fabulous friend, Karen that helped me remember all the positive things that come from having a baby and why it was such a great thing. Then I decided to turn to the Lord for help and added comfort. I was reading in Alma and read about Moroni's people and how they were promised that if they would do as the Lord asked them and followed the commandments they would prosper. I have read this story many times but this time it brought great meaning to me. I was always excited, how could you not be excited about a new baby, but I had to change my mind set a little and I was having a hard time doing that. I was so ready to be out of diapers once and for all and Blake is so close. I was so ready to be able to go somewhere without a little one that I had to watch over all the time, but I guess that will wait for a little longer because we get to do all those things and more. I know that he or she will be a huge blessing to our family and I can't wait til the day that we get to welcome him/her to our family.

I believe, according to the ovulation calendar, that I am due sometime at the beginning of September. Which means that I will have him/her at the end of August. A long hot, humid summer being as big as a whale, I can't wait. However, on the positive side I will have the entire summer with the kids and then the baby will come just as the kids go back to school. That will really help with being able to rest with the three youngest. The Chinese calendar says that it is supposed to be a girl and for Josie's sake I really hope so. She prayed so hard for this baby to join our family. I too would love to have another girl in our family. I would be happy with a boy or a girl, I love both for lots of different reasons.

We asked the kids what names they liked for the baby. If it is a girl we will most likely name her Brielle. Jackson came up with Dallas and Brett for a baby boy. Josie wanted Troy, after Troy Bolton on High School Musical, she said that we could call him Troy Bolton sometimes just for fun. She is a funny little girl. Grandma Boulter said that she liked the name Jett and Grandad Young said that he liked the names Reggie and Tex. All good suggestions but not any that we will probably use. Thanks for the suggestions though. We are always open for suggestions. So let us have them.

We are very excited to have this new baby in our home and are so grateful to have so many friends and family members that will love this baby as much as we do.

8 comments:

Paula said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited to welcome your new little one to the family. Hang in there...being a Mom is tough work! You should make sure and post this news on the family site. I am sure everyone will be excited too.

Heather said...

I'm sorry for laughing!! But I can't stop! STILL... 3 days after learning about your news I'm laughing!! Hahahaha

Love you!

Heather said...

Brille? Are you kidding? Did Serena give you that name?? That totally sounds like something she would have made up.

Wes Young said...

Heather, let me help you since April went into French mode with this one.

Briel (as in Gabriel)

And no, Serena isn't coming near this one with her strange names.

ZB said...

So excited to hear about another cousin coming into the family and hoping for Josie's sake it IS a girl.

I'm so glad to see that you are posting more! Your kids are getting so big I hardly recognize them.

Nielson Family said...

Hey Ape Face! That's what we used to call you a LONG time ago when you would babysit us...This is Amy Bennion and I just found a link on my friend's blog that took me to Heather's and now yours. I was so excitied to see you guys! Congrats on #6 and that's an amazing story about Briana. Hope everything's okay. Well, checkout our blog sometime and pass it along to the rest of your family... www.scottnielson.blogspot.com
Love Amy

Rogers Family said...

Baby #6 holy blessings.com. Glad I found you guys on blog. Our blog is private but would love to invite you to see our world and whats going on with us!! Congrats on baby number 6 and you all look healthy!! keep in touch..

send me your email address so i can add you!!
brantrogers@cox.net

Rogers Family said...

of course healthy in a positive way.. Beautiful family you have!!