Monday, August 10, 2009

Buddy's Playing Football



A couple weeks ago Buddy came to Wes and I and asked us if he could quit playing baseball. I was very sad because he is so good at it. That and it was easy having Jack and Buddy on the same select team. Same practices, games, schedules, etc. However, after talking about it Wes and I decided that it was only fair that we let him take a break for a while. So, Wes and Buddy decided that it would be fun to play football this fall. I don't know how I feel about it but Buddy is very excited. The practice three times a week for two hours per practice. Needless to say we are very very busy every night of the week. Up until now they have only practiced with helmets but tonight is full pads. Buddy was so excited that he was dressed and ready for practice at 5:00 and his practice didn't start until 6:30. I don't know who is more anxious for the season to start Wes or Buddy. I am really glad that they have something like this to do together. I will post photos from his first game on September 12th.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am not sure how I feel about football either...it is different when you are a mom. Good luck to Buddy! I am sure he will do great!

Peyton WIlcock said...

He looks great in his gear! I know Buddy will do awesome at any sport he picks up. The kid is a natural and you have no need to fear!