Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our New Arrival














On Monday, August 24, 2009 at 11:05 am Benjamin Rock Young joined our family. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 19 inches long. I came into the hospital on Sunday night at 9:30 with numbness in my face and I was having a really hard time breathing. After a bunch of tests and an EKG the doctor decided to keep me over night and observe me. I was kind of bummed since the kids had their first day of school on Monday. However, we decided that it was in my best interest to stay and let Wes go home and take the kids to school. At 6:00 am Dr. Cole, my O.B., called and asked me if I wanted to stay and deliver him on Monday instead of Wednesday. Of course, I said yes and we scheduled the c-section for 10:30. Poor Wes had a very busy morning. He got all 5 kids ready and took them up to the zoo at the school for the first day. He then dropped off Garrett and Blake at Karen's house. Thank heavens for Karen. And then he came to the hospital by 10:00. He changed into his scrubs and we headed into the Operating Room. What a good daddy. After school, Wes went and picked up all the kids and brought them back to the hospital to meet baby Ben. They were all so cute with him.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peyton WIlcock said...

Yea he's here! Congratulations!! He looks just like Buddy. The first thing all of the kids said is how much he looks like James. He is adorable, and by the way I can't believe you already have this up on your blog. Talk about super mom!

Jennie said...

Congrats! Let me know if I can bring you a meal.

Niki Miller said...

Congrats!!!

Kellie said...

Congrats! I didn't know you had a c section. Have they all been c section?

Christy said...

Yeah! Congratulations! He looks just like all his brothers and sisters.

Marti said...

Congratulations! Wes did work har, but you know it's the same stuff you do every day. Glad everything is ok!!! Ben is adorable and came out of the same mold the other kids did.