Saturday, December 26, 2009

New popcorn popper



Grandma and Grandpa Boulter sent us an old fashioned popcorn popper for Christmas. My kids were very amazed by it. Garrett asked me if our microwave was broken and that was why we were making popcorn in this new machine. Microwave popcorn is the only thing that he has ever known and so this was all very new to him and the rest of the kids. It was very fun to watch and since then they want to use the new machine and not the microwaveable kind. It is a lot more time consuming to use a popcorn popper and not the microwave. I have to say I like the microwave method better but it is fun from time to time to do it the old fashioned way. What a fun gift. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa.

3 comments:

Suz said...

You have to try the yummiest thing ever in that popper... But first, is that a popper with the twirly thing in the black bottom and then the golden dome? If yes... proceed! 1/4 C oil. 1/4 c sugar and 1/2 C popcorn. pop away and salt. It is kettle corn and it is soo yummy... Then one of my friends dumps it out and melts down white chocolate for the top. HOLY COW! COW being the key word because you will eat a truck load of it! Have fun. That's a good one.

April said...

Becky, that sounds so yummy. It is that popper. I am for sure going to try that. Tomorrow we are getting Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and that would make a great treat to go with it. Thanks.

April said...

Becky, that stuff is so good. My kids inhaled it and I had to make more so that I could inhale a batch on my own. It is soooo yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe with me.