Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pressure Cooker


(This is not a photo of my cooker but it's like this)

Today I cooked a roast in my pressure cooker that Wes gave to me for Christmas. I was very nervous about this because my cooker didn't come with directions on how to cook things. I need basic instructions like how many minutes per pound of beef, chicken, fish, etc. I am not a fan of guessing what it is I'm supposed to do with a new appliance. So, after calling my parents numerous times, I finally made my first roast. I cooked it from its frozen state for 1 hour and it turned out great. The kids inhaled it, especially Blake. He ate five plates full of roast and green beans. I'm pretty sure that he is going through a growth spurt. Later this week I will attempt some type of chicken. I found a great pressure cooker website with lots of cool recipes so now I am unstoppable. For this week anyway, hahaha.

No comments: