Sunday, December 21, 2008

Live Lobster Dinner




We were at the grocery store and they had a great deal on live lobsters. Buddy and I thought it would be fun to buy a couple and cook them up. This is one of the perks of living near the coast. We asked the seafood guy and he told us how to best cook them. When we got out to the car where Wes and the other kids were waiting Buddy decided to pull out his new friends. Josie, Garrett and Blake all screamed. They didn't seem to appreciate our great idea. Buddy and the other kids named the lobsters Drake and Josh. We cooked them up and then ate them. Some of the kids didn't like the idea of cooking and eating something they had seen alive. Buddy loved eating them. The meat was very tender and tasty. I don't know that we will ever do that again but it was fun to have the experience at least once.

3 comments:

Briana said...

If it was so tasty, why not do it again?

April said...

They were too expensive for the small amount of meat that was on them.

Peyton WIlcock said...

That cracks me up! I think my kids would of flipped out and there is no way in heck I would be bringing that thing home. You are so brave!!