Friday, March 19, 2010

Garrett's shaved fingers


So, Garrett's falling apart. The kid is 4 years old and I swear he is a walking disaster. On Friday night I was grating cheese for tacos and once I was done I turned around to finish cooking the meat. Garrett took the grater and decided to grate some cheese for himself. The cheese grater that he was using was the Pampered Chef mandaline, which is very very sharp. For some reason that is unbeknown to me he stuck three of his fingers under one of the blades under the grater. He started crying really loud and when I walked over to the table, where he was sitting, he was pulling his fingers back out slicing the center of each fingernail clean off. It was so gross. It bleed for 30 minutes straight. Wes held his hand up, wrapped in a towel for the full 30 minutes. My poor baby. We took the bandage off on Saturday night and the gauze was stuck to where the fingernail was and so when we took it off it began bleeding again. It's Monday now and he is finally on the up and up.

1 comment:

Heather said...

No worries, the blood will blend right in with the salsa or hot sauce!