Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mardi Gras Tournament









A couple months ago our select baseball team broke off from the Westside Sluggers and we became the Katy Cougars. This weekend we played in our first tournament and the boys played awesome!!! Jackson played better than I have ever seen him play. He hit the ball so hard it hit the fence several times. All of the boys played great and had a blast playing together. This was our first tournament as a new team and we kicked butt!!! It was so much fun to watch. We were out there for 14 hours straight and it didn't even seem that long. Josie, Garrett, Blake and Ben came out there with us and they did so well. We only had one melt down all day. I was amazed at how well they did. It was so much fun to watch the boys have fun and finally take first place in a tournament. Buddy didn't play much but he was a great sport about it. He sat in the dugout and cheered on the other boys. When he went in he was as fast as lightning. He is such an amazing athlete. I think that everyone is shocked that I was the one in my family that ended up with such great athletes. I was a very proud mother this weekend.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love that picture of Josie where she's in color and the background is in B&W. Go cougars!

Jennie said...

How did you do that photo of Josie? It is awesome.

April said...

Jennie, I used a program called Picasa. It's a free editing program on the internet.

Heather said...

April, I am so impressed with your blogging upkeep. Bravo! I love that picture of Josie in color with everything else in black and white. And poor buddy. Tell him not to trip over the ball next time. Elbow's are important!